Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Dream Trips

We're so lucky and I'm so excited to have so much travel planned this year. However, that doesn't stop me from constantly concocting other dream trips. Here are a few I'd love to take:


1. Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand

I lived in China for a year and traveled frequently to Hong Kong. In my opinion, it's definitely one of the best cities in the world. I'd love to see how it's changed in six years. Macau is like the Vegas of Asia but also very interesting in that it was colonized by Portugal. I've never been to Thailand and I feel like I NEED to get there. I was surprised that round trip flights to Hong Kong were cheaper than some to Europe. And round trip Hong Kong to Bangkok was only $159 last I looked!

Hong Kong via
Macau via
Chiang Mai, Thailand via

Phuket, Thailand via

2. Belize

I hear it is like Mexico 30 years ago when there was less tourism. For being a decent Spanish speaker, I've been to very few Spanish speaking countries.

 via
via

3. Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, Germany

This would be a huge trip. I'm hoping one day that I won't teach summer school and that Cody will magically have a large amount of vacation and we could do upwards of a month in Europe. I've been to Amsterdam and Paris, each very briefly and would like to go back, as well as extend the trip to some new destinations.

Paris via
Amsterdam via
Brussels via
This is what they do in Germany, right? ;)
4. Napa Valley

Wouldn't it be an awesome 30th birthday trip?!

via
5. A Cruise!

I actually lived on a cruise ship when I did Semester at Sea in college. But I've never been on a commercial cruise. I can't believe some of the ships! I don't even really know where I'd want to go, but it seems like kind of an easy ship. You just get on board and they'd take care of most of it from there.

via

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh all of these places look and sound amazing!!! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have I never heard of a semester at sea?! You definitely need to take a cruise they are SO relaxing.

    ReplyDelete