Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thankful 2015

I guess this is just a requisite cheesy Thanksgiving post. I'm writing this on Wednesday to post on Thursday and this morning was a doozy. This seems like a good exercise right now.



I'm (reluctantly) thankful for my job. Beyond the financial resource for us, I'm thankful for the kids I get to see and help grow every day. I'm not going to lie, my job is really, really hard. And there is a lot of the time I don't like it for reasons I won't get into. However, the kids I work with are amazing and I'm glad I'm never bored at work. It's lucky to be in a position to continue to grow and be challenged in my profession.

I'm thankful for our financial situation. We definitely don't make a lot of money but I know we are fortunate to have what we do. And I'm proud that we've made so much progress in our first year of marriage that we're in a much more comfortable place financially than one year ago.

I'm thankful for our new home. I love it so much that I don't even mind my extended commute.

I'm thankful for the cats. They comfort me and make me laugh every day. I think our little home would be kind of sad without them. And I'm thankful that they didn't kill each other when we got Bruce and they now tolerate like each other.

I'm thankful for my family and especially that we live near enough to them to see them on the holidays.

I'm thankful for my husband. He's my best friend and the person I like spending the time with most. I'm thankful that we are able to spend many evenings and weekends together and truly enjoy each other's company. I'm thankful that he's endlessly patient (even when I slam the door because the zipper on my dress broke - possible true Wednesday morning story).

I'm interested to see what good fortune the next year brings us and what I'll be thankful for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment