Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Whole 30 Days 9-15

By the time I this post goes up I'll be on day 18 of my Whole 30. I definitely settled in to this way of eating and didn't document how I felt daily. Overall, I feel great! I don't have any cravings for specific foods which has always been the hardest thing for me with dieting in the past. This does not feel like a diet at all. One interesting thing I've experienced is a lack of hunger. I'll eat breakfast and get hungry for lunch, but then have no desire for dinner. This happened four of the seven days but on a couple of them I made myself eat an apple with almond butter.

I had the week off before summer professional development and summer school start. It was nice to make breakfast every morning instead of heating up some container of pre-made food. I was loving scrambled eggs with guacamole almost every day. I'd been eating salads the week before at work but this week I cooked something most days. Here's one super simple, easy, and delicious lunch I had:


Some other things I ate during the week:

Zucchini Fritters

I was really surprised how good these were and made them for lunch two days in a row.  The recipe was really simple. I also made a garlic mayo as a dip with the compliant mayo I made.

Paleo Deviled Eggs

I made these from some extra hard boiled eggs I had in the fridge. I used the same recipe I always do but just substituted the mayo for Whole 30 homemade mayo. Just some mustard, "mayo", salt, and pepper. I usually sprinkle with paprika as well but was all out that day.



Bunless Burgers and Oven Fries

I used this recipe to make burgers but did make the parsnip shoestrings and made guac instead of avocado mousse because I'm obsessed with guacamole. Potatoes were not included on Whole 30 until last year and fries are a food that people often lack control with so this will probably be the only time I make them this month even though the were SO good.



Then I started forgetting to take pictures.

I made Zucchini Noodles with Shrimp and Romesco Sauce. This is a Whole 30 recipe and here is there picture. Mine looked the same except I burned the almonds for the sauce so mine looked brown.



I also made Salmon with Mango Salsa that I found on Pinky's blog for when we had friends over for dinner. It was SO good and I was bummed that I forgot to take a picture.

I feel like this is what I spent my whole week doing:

Chopping, chopping, chopping (and drinking cold press, which I've learned to love black)


To help pass that time I've listened to two audio books. Both were easy listens (is that the audio equivalent of an easy read?)


Thanks for the recommendation, Kristin!

My goal for the next week is to be better about eating larger meals and not snacking in between. I know that nuts are compliant but I think I consume too many sometimes.

Cody's been a pretty good sport about all the healthy meals happening in our home, especially given that he's not inclined to it. However, we went to Target on Saturday and he came away with all of this:
Pizza, bread, goldfish, sugary cereal, pop tarts, doritos, etc.
The watermelon was mine :)



No comments:

Post a Comment