Monday, June 15, 2015

Crafternoon DIY

This will not be a regular category in my blog. I don't often craft things or make anything for our home. We've lived in our place and been married almost seven months and we haven't printed any photos of our wedding or otherwise. But for some reason, this craft caught my eye.

I saw this on Pinterest (of course) and here is the link for the inspiration.


We have a space in our living room that had a frame that was just the wrong size for the space. I loved this idea but I also wanted it to match our living room a little bit better.

We got our supplies from Michael's and spent $23 which kind of reinforced when I don't DIY much. Couldn't I buy something to fit that space for about the same price? 

Anyway, we got the following:



Directions:

1. Use Exacto knife to cut 4"x4" squares.

2. Spray pain tiles black. We did this outside on newspaper.

3. Let dry. We waited about an hour.

4. Use stencils, acrylic paint, and brush to paint white numbers approximately centered on each tile.

5. Google correlating numbers for each letter in a standard Scrabble set.

6. Paint small numbers in the right corner by free hand.

7. Let dry. This was quick.

8. Use mounting putty to stick to wall, approximately 1/2" apart.


Here were our results:



You can obviously do any words you want. We did our last name as the center and built words off of that. Here is a view of the whole wall. On the left the monogram and wine rack were wonderful wedding and shower gifts and I think the new addition compliments them well!


No comments:

Post a Comment