Friday, April 15, 2016

Super Easy Paleo Meal: Zoodles with Meat Sauce

I love to cook. So making most of my meals at home hasn't been a huge transition in eating mostly Paleo. However, I can see how this could be a big barrier to changing the way you eat. It's definitely nice to have a few meals you know will be super simple and quick.

Zoodles with Meat Sauce

1. Spiralize 3 zucchini.


Do this slightly before starting everything else, or even that morning. Then salt the noodles and let them sit. This will make much less liquid in your noodles when you serve them. Depending on size, 3 zucchini should be good for two people. We had leftovers this time but not enough for a whole meal. For this you'll need a spiralizer. I own this one. But I covet this kind. Either way, you can get really quick at this. 

2. Brown ground beef.


3. Saute zucchini noodles.


I've seen some people throw these into boiling water the way they do with traditional noodles. However, I like to just saute with olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little garlic powder.

4. Mix red sauce with beef.


Here are two of my favorite brands that have no sugar added.

Thrive Market
Costco

5. Serve sauce over zoodles.

And that's it! 

I also saw someone recommend recently to sprinkle Nutritional Yeast on top to get a cheesy yet non-dairy taste.
@teacheatrepeat

1 comment:

  1. These seem so easy! I need to get a spiraler. Perfect since I'm trying to stop eating refined carbs which obviously includes regular pasta.

    ReplyDelete